I thought I'd share with you items I typically pick up from the grocery store. Feel free to adjust to your liking. Also, if you are interested in how I prepare meals, please email me.
Note: The list is separated by food groups.
Fruits (fresh, frozen, canned or dried):
- Pineapples, Bananas, Grapes, Strawberries, Kiwi, Mangos, Peaches, Cherries, Prunes, Raisins, Blueberries Dates & Apples.
Veggies (fresh, frozen, canned or dried):
- Spinach, Collards, Kale, Romaine, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cucumbers, Zucchini, Squash, Onions, Bell Peppers, Brussels Sprout, Tomatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans, Lentils, Okra, Mushrooms, Celery, Green Tea/Matcha Powder, Avocado, Asparagus, & Eggplant.
- Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Quinoa, Honey Whole Wheat Bread, various Pastas, Wild Rice, Couscous, Barley & Spinach Wraps.
- Ground Chicken, Chicken Thighs, Chicken Breasts, Ribeye Steak, Canned Tuna, Salmon, Shrimp, Crab, Almonds, Cashews, Peanuts, Walnuts, Sunflower Seeds, Pistachios, Mixed Nuts, Sesame Seeds, Pecans Almond Butter & Peanut Butter.
- Fruit filled Greek Yogurt, Mozzarella Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, PepperJack Cheese, & Daiya Cheese. I typically do not purchase a lot of dairy. If in a "sweet tooth" mood, I will grab Gelato (though it's rare).
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Canola Oil, Almond Oil and Coconut Oil.
Please view Choose my Plate for a quick guide on creating a healthy, balanced plate.