Let's look at 5 ways I made grocery shopping more like a hobby:
- I make small lists that cover the essential food groups, but also explore every aisle. I do this because there is always something new that I find, that I would not have normally found by sticking only to the list.
- Go on a day when there's not many shoppers. I've learned that if I go grocery shopping during the week, I run into less buggies. This allows for more exploration.
- Sample foods! Well, my favorite grocery store is called H-E-B (Here Everything is Better -- & it is!) and there's someone giving out food samples around almost every corner.
- Find a new recipe in your favorite cookbook (or online, like I do) and search for ingredients. You'll be surprised at how many different foods you'll find when you're shopping for things you've never cooked before.
- HAVE FUN!! Try not to look at it as a chore. Your Health = Your Wealth!