An item that I pick up at the grocery store when I am feeling as if the benefits outweighs the cost, are Goji Berries. I love these small, yet powerful berries in my smoothies, yogurt and teas.
- Coined the "fountain of youth"
- Used to treat common health ailments including high blood pressure and diabetes
- Filled with antioxidants that may prevent cancer and heart disease
- Potential to boost brain health and "protects against age-related diseases, such as Alzheimer's"
- Studies have shown benefits in mental well-being and calmness
If you don't mind spending $15 for these, I'd suggest grabbing a bag the next time you're in the health & wellness section of your grocery store! Vitacost also sells them, click here to read more.