Here are some health benefits of kale:
- Kale acts as an anti-imflamatory
- Kale is high in Calcium
- Kale helps to detoxify your liver
- Kale is full of Iron
- Kale is high in Vitamin K (great for a healthy brain)
- Kale is high in fiber, low calories & 0 fats
There are a variety of ways of including kale in your diet. A few easy methods would be to sauté them in a skillet with your choice of seasonings, create a healthy (raw or cooked) kale salad, or bake kale chips. Kale is difficult to digest, so be sure to cook the kale if you require it to be more tender.
Below is a simple recipe to make kale chips in the comfort of your own home:
- What you'll need: leafs of kale, your choice of sea salt, seasonings, & coconut or extra virgin olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil & place chopped leaves of kale on the pan.
- Lightly cover the chips with the oil, sprinkle on sea salt & seasonings.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until they have formed into crispy chips.
- Eat and enjoy!