The holiday season is among us and the first of the year is that time where most people are on their "get healthy plan". What if you attempted to be healthy through the holidays? I am all for being proactive, instead of reactive, so let's see how we can maintain without breaking down.
Here are a couple of tips to not pack on the pounds during the holiday festivities:
- Try to maintain current weight - Do not overeat
- Make time to continue exercise regimen
- Limit amount of alcoholic beverages
- Prepare your own healthy holiday dish - mine has always been a whipped sweet potato souffle, where I use light brown sugar and vanilla extract
- Eat three well thought out, balanced meals a day
- Enjoy and be merry! Don't over think!