Within the past 4 years or so, Spinach has been a staple item on my grocery list. I just can't get enough! Ways to utilize this green leafy vegetable are endless. See below how I incorporate Spinach into my diet:
- Green Smoothies: remember, 50% or more of a green leaf veggie!
- For breakfast, when scrambling eggs, I'll add in a couple of handfuls of Spinach to make a scrambled omelette. Delish!
- Sautéed with EVOO, few dashes of cayenne pepper, chopped or minced garlic & a bag of Spinach (see photo).
- Any tomato based meals, such as spaghetti, lasagna or meat loaf.
- I always add chopped Spinach to Salmon Croquettes. It's another way to add veggies to your plate!
As you can see, the list goes on. Try adding Spinach to your recipes and see your love for the vegetable grow!