I love drinking coconut water when I'm feeling dehydrated. It is a must have, especially after a strenuous workout. Coconut water is one of the best drinks to hydrate your body. Drinking coconut water on a regular basis will aid your body in healthy digestion and removal of toxins. This water is naturally 99 percent fat free, low in carbs and sugars. Who needs Red Bull when you have a natural energy drink?
Coconut water is packed with a ton of health benefits, including the following:
- It is more healthful than whole milk (no cholesterol) and orange juice (lower calories)
- It has the ability to raise your metabolism and boost your immune system
- A ton of electrolytes - necessary to replenish after a workout
- Coconut water promotes healthy weight loss, controls diabetes and treats kidney stones
- It also aids your body in fighting viruses that cause the flu, herpes, and AIDS
I recommend fresh coconuts to obtain all of the goodness inside. If you need assistance with opening coconuts, click here
. If this is too much work, you can always grab a VitaCoco
- which is non-pasterurized (I love the pineapple flavor).
Do you like drinking coconut water?