It is a healthy practice to tune into our body’s natural flow, so that we are not weighing them down with toxins. Having a healthy diet is one good way to restore the liver’s function, so that we can maintain a healthy emotional state.
One of the ways that I have balanced my liver, is by flushing my system out with my “Happy Liver Juice” recipe. Take a look at the ingredients below and the benefits as they can improve your liver function:
- 6 carrots (natural liver detoxifier and great for acne)
- 2 roots of turmeric (stimulates elimination of bile in the liver and then works to strengthen the liver)
- 1 lemon (liver cleanser)
- 1 ginger nub (stimulates better liver performance)
- 1 orange (liver cleansing enzymes)
- ½ tbs of maca root (balances those crazy hormones)
- Pour over ice, drink & enjoy!
I recommend drinking this juice at least 1-2 times per week (to start). While you detox your liver, you begin to detox your entire body and may experience clearer skin, stronger nails, weight loss and a spike in your energy!