Spirulina is a form of blue-green algae that is born in the freshest warm water. The Aztecs often used spirulina because of it's nutrient-rich properties, which is why we know it today as a "super food".
Below are some of the many health benefits accompanied in this super food:
- Gamma-linolenic Acid (GLA) - this is a highly beneficial Omega-6 that supports a healthy mood
- Contains Omegas - 3, 6, & 9
- Naturally rich in iodine
- Prevents and helps with cardiovascular disease, including hypertension
- High in Protein - 60% (a complete protein)
- Supports a health liver
- Reduces symptoms of allergies
- Increases energy
- Ease symptoms of PMS
- ...& many more!