Here's what you'll need:
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 bag of walnuts
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 2 tbs of light brown sugar
- 2 tbs of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of himalayan pink salt
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring sweet potatoes and a pinch of salt to a boil. You want to be sure to cook the potatoes until you can poke it with a fork and it nearly breaks in half. Roughly 25 minutes.
- Once softened, strain them, slightly cool and remove the skin.
- After the skin is removed, place potatoes in a bowl to manually blend, in a blender or in your food processor.
- Add and begin blending together the almond milk, olive oil, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Now that it has reached a whipped/smooth consistency. Use oil to grease a pan. Then spread the whipped potatoes in your pan.
- Crush up your walnuts and cover the top of your souffle. I've also used marshmallows in addition to walnuts.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
What do you like to eat during the holiday season to ensure that you remain holiday healthy? Please feel free to share any recipes that you might have!