The sad thing about this post is, I recovered it from my long list of draft blog posts. January 2016 is when I started this post on Matcha and unfortunately I never finished it. It's a shame, especially given the fact that I had considered opening a Matcha Bar at one point, after I closed my juice bar. This grounded green tea is so magical that it needs to be shared with the world.
Matcha has many great health benefits. It's full of antioxidants and gives you an energy and metabolism boost, while also a sense of calm well-being. It's also known to enhance our moods and aid us with greater focus and concentration.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 tsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1 c Trader Joe's Coconut Creamer (you can also use almond milk, but won't be as creamy)
- 2 tsp Agave or Honey
- 2 tsp boiling hot water
- Glass Mason Jar
- In a mason jar, add matcha powder and hot water. Stir until the powder is a paste consistency.
- Add agave or honey. Stir so that it blends in nicely.
- Add coconut creamer, cover + shake vigorously, until matcha paste is fully blended.
- Pour in a glass, over ice.
I served it to you cold, but you can follow the same ingredients, if you'd like to heat up your coconut creamer, add matcha + honey. I keep my powder stored in the freezer, to maintain its freshness.