If you're like me, you have been inundated with news of COVID-19 and fear based tactics, to prep you for the worst (worst as in the world is ending, let me buy toilet tissue...things that make you go hmmm) of potentially being at home for an extended period of time. I don't discredit the notion of preparing for yourself and/or family, having food and the daily necessities, etc. However, no one should operate out of fear. We should always aim to keep a calm head.
My daily essentials, in this instance, are quite different from many. I typically shop in bulk on a regular basis, so I'm not running to the store to buy toilet tissue and water (maybe to stock up on red wine). I am simply running to my cabinets, to check inventory of my immune boosting ingredients, such as elderberry, oil of oregano, oranges, lemons and limes...oh my.
If you want my honest opinion, my hope is that COVID-19 allows for us all to hit our internal reset buttons, connect to our center and take a closer look at how we are caring for our health (all self-care and all necessary, in our fast-paced lives).
Here are a several immune boosting tips that you should begin to incorporate daily and this is my recommendation for in/out of cold/flu (& COVID-19) season:
- first thing in the morning, drink warm lemon water, on an empty stomach
- consume 1-2 drops of oil of oregano (I usually take 4 drops, every other day).
- drink 1 gallon of water, infused with lemon or lime slices
- consume foods/beverages rich in vitamin c, such as orange juice, spinach, grapefruit, etc.
- increase green leafy vegetables, decrease consumption of red meats
- Get enough sleep, at least 6-8 hours.
- Drink a tea cup of Smooth Move Tea, weekly or bi-weekly, depending on your bowel movement frequency (I preach colon health and the need to release unwanted toxins from your gut).
- Exercise 3-4 times per week, for at least 30 minutes of those days.
Stay ready, so you don't have to get ready.