Alls I got to say is, don't judge me... 😅😆😅
Historically, bread has never been my thing and really, it adds no nutritional value. I guess this is why I've remained so thin over the years because I always hold the dough, unless it's a sandwich or pizza. Well, one grocery store run, I was having a craving for French toast and I recalled seeing THIS French Brioche bread, while at Trader Joe's. It looked so soft and buttery, that I knew I had to have it! To my surprise, this once opposed to my brother eating Hawaiian bread like it was candy gal, found herself eating slices right out of the bag! I couldn't believe it. I had to rush and make French toast, before I ate the entire loaf!
Here's what you'll need:
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 egg, cracked
- 1/4 c Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Organic Grade A Maple Syrup
- In a bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and brown sugar.
- In a skillet, heat up butter.
- Dredge slices of bread (front to back) in egg mixture and place in skillet to brown on each side.
- Remove and drizzle maple syrup, along with your choice of toppings. I chose sliced bananas, but caramelized peaches or blueberries are other great options! 😬