If you are reading this, you should be aware that the month of March is National Nutrition Month! With that being said, I would like to challenge you to do something different, as it relates to your nutrition, for the entire month.
Here are some ideas:
- Make a smoothie or juice at least 3x per week
- Cut down on eating out (you'd be surprised how much money you save)
- Find a new recipe each week and cook at home!
- Steam, bake or grill only, no frying!
- Take 1 day out of the month to just explore the aisles of the grocery store or your local farmers market
- No red meats! Try eating only seafood and chicken for the month (watch
your energy increase)
- Try something new (ex: fruits, beans, etc.)!
Make sure to have fun along the way. You only have one body, be sure to take good care of it now, rather than later when disease and illness has set in.
My personal goal for the month, is to only eat a plant-based diet. I am trying my hardest to cut back on eating chicken. I just love it so much!! :-)
To learn more about National Nutrition Month, follow this link to the be re-directed to eatright.org.