- Meats: 3 oz. of lean cut meat = a deck of cards OR the palm of a woman's hand
- Vegetables = 2 handfuls
- Cereal/Oats: 1 cup = about the same size as a fist
- Salad: 1 cup of leafy greens = 1 baseball
- Fruits: 1/2 cup = 1/2 baseball / 1 fruit = 1 baseball
- Fats: I don't recommend margarine, so you'll make note that these are your essential oils (olive, canola, flaxseed, almond, coconut oils, etc) = 1 dice OR the size of your thumb
Click here to be directed to the Department of Health & Human Services. The organization has created a handy serving size card that anyone can print out and keep on their persons for quick reference.