In honor of Mental Health Awareness Week, I would like to challenge you to relax and take care of yourself. If you are wondering how you can do so, here are 10 tips that I pulled (and tweaked) from the "The Healthy Living Manifesto" blog post:
- Get enough sleep (try to commit to 7-8 hours a night)
- Pray and/or meditate
- Exercise (3-4 hours a week)
- Journal ("Write the vision, make it plain...")
- Breathe. Deeply. (& often!)
- Remove negativity (this includes unhealthy people & also media)
- Love yourself
- Avoid or stop smoking
- Eat 3 clean meals per day (remove processed foods, drink at least 50 ounces of water per day, eat more fruits & veggies)
- Live a life with purpose!!!
What are some ways that you care for your mental well-being?