I am half way through my 60 day vegan diet and cooking is always a creative challenge. I tend to cook a lot of soups, stews and tomato based recipes. I quickly grew tired of preparing those options and created a quick dinner using almost less than 10 items.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 cup of Quinoa
- 15 Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 handfuls of Spinach, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 small nub of Jalapeno, minced
- 5 Green Onions, chopped
- Olive oil
- Seasonings: Onion powder, Garlic Salt, Garlic Powder and Italian
Directions: In a small pot with water, boil your quinoa with a 1/2 tbs of olive oil and a dash of Italian seasoning.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tbs of olive oil. Add your chopped green onions, jalapeno, garlic cloves and mushrooms. While cooking, sprinkle a dash of onion powder, garlic salt and garlic powder over the veggies. Saute until mushrooms are cooked.
- Once quinoa has finished cooking, gently fluff and add the quinoa to your pan of vegetables. Turn the stove top down and toss in chopped spinach. Cook for only until spinach is slightly wilted (do not overcook). Serve and enjoy!
The longest part of cooking this delicious meal was the preparation. It took me a total of 23 minutes to prep and serve. This is a nutritious meal, providing you with iron, fiber, and protein. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! I will definitely be cooking this nutritious and quick vegan recipe often.
Ashwagandha is a potent herb used in Ayurveda medicine. It is often known as "Indian Ginseng", though it is actually in the tomato family. It is most commonly grown in the Middle East, Africa and India (dry climates). Recent years, it has been grown in the United States as well.
For the past few months, Ashwagandha has been my most favorite supplement to take. In addition to Maca Root and Evening Primrose, this combination has been wonderful at helping me to balance my hormones, more specifically due to PMS symptoms. It is one of the best adaptogen for your system.
Here are 10 reasons to use Ashwagandha in your daily routine:
1. Strengthens Immune System
2. Boosts Libido
3. Cancer Fighting
4. Lowers Stress
5. Enhances Sports Performance
6. Improves Memory
7. Balances Hormones
8. Blood Sugar Stabilizer
9. Increases Energy
10. Reduces Anxiety
Ashwagandha can be found in the form of powder, capsule and tincture.
Helllloooo & happy mid-November! *yikes!* Where has the time gone? Why haven't I blogged since June 1, 2015? Well, there is good reason, I've just been juicing! Literally. I opened my juice bar in February of this year and have not had a moment to breathe, up until the fall. I have missed you and trust me when I say, that I've got plenty to blog about for the rest of the year. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to update you with all things plant-based. As well, I will share information on my juice bar, Phyto.
Anywho, finally settled into my place and have gotten back to juicing for myself, so I wanted to post a juice recipe:
3 Green Apples
1 nub of Ginger
It is a bit tart, using one full lemon. If you wish to tone it down, simply cut the lemon in half. I opted to use a whole one due to the cold weather.