As I am known to be an almost "random" person, I was getting a manicure and attempted to recall the reasons for my nails having almost zero half moons. You know the one that sits at your cuticle bed? Well, I only have 3 out of 10! As well, some nails are rigid. So the possibility of having mineral deficiencies began to plague my mind!
After I got home from the nail shop, I took to the net and found two supplements that I just know that I could use more of. The first was Magnesium, which I so conveniently had these packets in my pantry. It was midday and I poured half a packet into my 26 fl oz water thermal. Within the next couple of hours, I felt as though I was a lot calmer and relaxed to the point of wanting to do absolutely nothing. Once I finished racking my mind at why I was so "chill" all of a sudden, I knew that it had been the Magnesium!
So here, my friends, are Dr. Axe's "9 Important Magnesium Benefits":
- Calms Nerves
- Helps You Fall Asleep & Treat Insomnia
- Helps Increase Energy (I'm assuming you should take it at night, so it can help you re-energize once you awaken - verdict is still out for me)
- Helps With Digestion By Relieving Constipation
- Relieves Muscle Aches & Spasms
- Regulates Levels of Calcium & Potassium
- Important for Heart Health
- Prevents Migraine Headaches
- Helps Prevent Osteoporosis
Here is also a link to Dr. Axe's page, where he discusses being able to recognize signs of Magnesium deficiency.