But COVID. 👀👅
I wanted something comforting and filling to eat and I thought of a fave of mine, Cacio e Pepe, which is literally just cheese and cracked black pepper. When I cook, I tend to do "too much" and fancy things up a bit more than what is called for. The recipe below is a more "fancier" version of Cacio e Pepe, by yours truly. Enjoy!
- Cacio e Pepe usually calls for spaghetti pasta, but I wanted a thicker pasta, so I used Whole Grain Rigatoni
- Black Peppercorn, cracked
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- 8 Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 Handful of Spinach, chopped
- Parmesan Cheese
- Ghee or an unsalted butter
- Truffle Oil
- Bring 1 pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and follow cooking instructions until tender.
- In a separate pan, heat your your ghee (or butter). Sauté your mushrooms, garlic and season with cracked peppercorn. Once sauteed, toss in spinach, until slightly wilted. I usually turn the stove eye off, to not overcook the spinach.
- Once the pasta has finished cooking, drain the pot, reserving only about 2 tbsp of pasta water.
- Add your cooked vegetables, parmesan cheese and stir until cheese has melted.
- Transfer to a serving dish, add cracked peppercorn and Truffle Oil drizzle.