- I must post this recipe to the blog!
- No one ever thinks I eat beef!
- All of your "Covid Comfort Food" recipes are Italian!
Welp, I am here, posting this delish Beef Ragu w/ Pappardelle recipe. If you've not read around the blog, I try to be conscious, relative to "Eat Right for my Blood Type"! When I say "conscious", it is mostly due to the fact that I am type O, which claims that my blood type requires certain enzymes, nutrients and minerals found in certain meats. I did not grow up eating much pork, but beef, chicken and fish were common on the nightly dinner menu. Personally, I chose to stop eating beef in my 20s and it lasted for about 8 years. I only added it back to my diet, once I began having concerns with my colon. I remember the first beef meal I had, post colonoscopy and the desire to see if I felt better after eating it. It was a nice juicy grilled steak and I was happy to say that I enjoyed how my body felt afterward. I wasn't constipated or bloated and quickly passed a bowel. From that day forward, I decided to listen to my body and eat beef, only when I had a craving for it... at least 3-4 times per quarter and I most definitely make it fancy. 😜
In walks Beef Ragu...
Here's what you'll need:
- Shredded Beef - I do not care for thick cuts of meat, so I picked up already thinly shredded beef from Trader Joes. It's grass-fed beef and the hardest part of shredding is done for you.
- 8 Tomatoes, crushed
- 1 Sweet Onion, diced
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 6 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup Basil, chopped
- 1 bunch Parsley, chopped
- Pappardelle Noodles
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Olive Oil
- Seasonings: Himalayan Pink Salt, Cracked Black Peppercorn, Ground Thyme, Thyme Leaves, Bay Leaves, Celery Salt, Red Pepper Flakes
- Season beef with seasonings. Add olive oil to dutch oven pot and sear beef.
- Add and saute onions, garlic, carrot, and celery salt to dutch oven.
- Remove beef and vegetables.
- Deglaze pot with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, tomato paste, brown sugar, wine and broth. Whisk together. Crush tomatoes, add to dutch oven and simmer.
- Turn stove to low, add beef and vegetables back to the pot. Toss in basil and parsley. Simmer for about 90 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve over cooked pappardelle.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and sprinkled parmesan cheese.