🗣 where are my veggie lovers & ‘meatless monday-ers’ at?! I'm still on my strict plant-based fast and want you to get into this tasty Spicy Tofu Coconut Curry w/ Brown Rice recipe! #FoodMood #plantpowered 🌶🥥🍛
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Extra Firm Tofu, cubed
- 5 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 Green Onions, sliced
- 4 Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, crushed
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Ginger nub, minced
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/2 Scotch Bonnet, minced (remove seeds)
- 1c Yellow Onion, diced
- 1c Spinach, chopped
- 1c Cilantro, chopped
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- EVOO aka extra virgin olive oil
- Coconut Oil
- Brown Rice
- Seasonings (if no measurement, season to taste): 1 tbsp Curry Powder, 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin, 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder, Ground Ginger, Ground Cayenne Pepper, Himalayan Pink Salt + Cracked Black Peppercorn
- Apply lots of pressure to drain all water from tofu & 🔪 cube it.
- Toss tofu w/a pinch of each seasoning & EVOO. Place tofu in freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- On stovetop, heat EVOO & coconut oil. Sauté onions, mushrooms, bell peppers & jalapeños. Stir in ginger, garlic 🧄 & coat veggies w/seasonings.🥄
- Stir in coconut milk, tomatoes 🍅
- Add tofu & bring to rapid boil. Stir in lime juice, spinach, cilantro & simmer on low for about 3 minutes.
- Taste & add extra seasonings accordingly.
- Ready to eat?! Plate up w/brown rice & be well! 🍽🍛