I was in need of some comfort food and as I have previously shared, Italian food is one of my favorites. Many dishes are fairly quick and easy to prepare. This veggie pizza was no different.
Here's what you'll need:
- Trader Joe's Ready to Bake Garlic & Herb Pizza Dough
- 14 Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup of Basil Leaves, chopped
- 1 Cup of Sweet Onions, caramelized
- 5 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Mozzarella Cheese, separated
- Goat Cheese, sliced
- 1 Cup of Pesto Sauce (I make mine, but if you're wanting to skip making it yourself, there are ready to use jars of pesto)
- Salt & Pepper
- Ghee or Butter
- Olive Oil
|Ready to bake!|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- I use a cast iron pizza skillet, which I preheat in the oven for about 20 minutes prior.
- Follow the instructions on the dough packaging, by rolling it with flour. Ensure that all the bubbles are out and round it out on your pizza stone.
- While allowing your dough to settle, begin to caramelize your onions in salt, ghee and olive oil.
- In a separate pan, sauté mushrooms and garlic in olive oil
- Layer your dough with pesto sauce (this is my preferred base), mozzarella cheese, sauteed mushrooms, garlic, fresh basil and strategically placed goat cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges of the dough are brown.
- Once cooled down, slice, serve and enjoy!